e-commerce, is the buying and selling of products and services over the Internet and other computer networks. Electronic commerce draws on such technologies as electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange, inventory control systems, and automated data collection systems.
Modern ecommerce typically uses the web at least at one point in the transaction, although it may embrace a wider range of technologies such as e-mail
, mobile devices
and telephones too. Although ecommerce is usually considered to be the sales aspect of e-business it can also include the exchange of data to facilitate the financing and payment aspects of business transactions.
At sme web solutions
we have evolved along with the rapidly growing online market place to offer specialist services in the ecommerce realm. Be it a completely new development or maintenance and performance enhancement of an established store, we have a track record of success.
As no two stores have the same requirements, at sme web solutions we will tailor a package to suit your specific needs. From a simple site with an integrated cart carrying a dozen products to a full blown catalogue with thousands of products on a customised platform, we have the experience to deliver a successful result for your business.
Additionally to meet the predicted needs of numerous small enterprises with limited products and budgets we are presently developing an e-mall. This platform will emulate a real world mall where a small business will be able to lease a suitably sized space within a big building to conduct their trade. Just as in any mall, the occupants will have their own keys to the door, their own transactional arrangements, and even be able to decorate their own space according to their brand and style. A new store in the mall can be accessed either via your own domain name
or we can establish a unique URL including your business name within the malls name space.
Key advantages offered will include:
- Based on the superbly powerful Magento platform (Magento is usually beyond the reach of most small e-stores)
- Advanced platform at much lower cost than going alone
- Full mobile device compatibility
- Opportunities for the very small operator with only a few products
- Full store design and configuration independence
- Private site backend management invisible to other lease holders
- Collective benefits of attracting large volumes of shoppers
- Possibly shared promotional activities
- and much more to be determined as development progresses
- Planned emall launch - 2nd quarter 2014 (to be confirmed)
Early adopters are welcome to discuss this exciting opportunity with us at any stage.